Modern cosmetic dentistry offers a wide range of services to make sure your teeth stay healthy, function well and look great.
Dr. Ray Becker with Howard County Smiles offers his patients cosmetic dentistry in Columbia, MD. Dr. Ray Becker believes that cosmetic dentistry is not just about a pretty smile- it can also boost your sense of confidence, self esteem and improve overall oral health.
More than just a cosmetic dentist, Dr. Becker focuses on health concerns and functional problems, ensuring comfortable, long lasting results. He will correct your underlying functional and health issues that contribute to the cosmetic dental concern. We can address almost any aesthetic flaw including:
- Conceal crooked teeth
- brighten teeth that are discolored, yellow or stained
- Correct or conceal chipped teeth teeth
- Fix damaged teeth
- Conceal teeth that are too long or short
- Conceal teeth with gaps
- Replace missing teeth
Choosing a Cosmetic Dentist
Choosing a cosmetic dentist is an important decision. As a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), Dr. Becker is dedicated to offering the latest techniques and treatment options. He has extensive post-graduate training and experience in cosmetic dentistry.
He is dedicated to excellence in dentistry using the latest in treatments, techniques and advanced materials for lasting results and the best possible experience for patients. We offer a full range of cosmetic services that can be used individually or in combination for a total smile makeover.
• CEREC® Cosmetic: CEREC technology allows Dr. Becker to perform a complete smile makeover in just one day. Instead of waiting weeks until your restoration is fabricated in a dental lab, we are able to mill the restoration while the patient waits.
• Porcelain Veneers: Veneers are a versatile cosmetic dentistry treatment that are used to improve the appearance of teeth. They can improve the appearance of stained, crooked, chipped, or gapped teeth as well as change the shape or length of teeth.
• Invisalign®: The clear aligner system will gradually straighten teeth with invisible aligners. They are completely removable allowing you to eat, brush and floss as you normally would. The aligners will be switched out every week.
• Tooth Whitening: Teeth whitening is a fast and easy way to instantly brighten a dull smile. Dr. Becker offers offers Sensational Smile® and Zoom® WhiteSpeed teeth whitening. He also offers Zoom DayWhite professional take home teeth whitening for patients who prefer to whiten their teeth gradually at home.
• Tooth Bonding: Bonding is used to fix minor dental health and cosmetic concerns. Using a tooth-colored, composite resin, Dr. Becker can sculpt it into the desired shape to hide many imperfections.
• Dental Crowns: A dental crown is a like a cap that fits over a tooth that is damaged, decayed or unattractive. It will completely cover the tooth and protect it from further damage.
• Dental Implants: Dental implants are the most natural tooth replacement option available. They actually replace a missing tooth at the root and can last a lifetime if cared for properly.
Cosmetic Dentistry: What to Expect
Cosmetic dentistry requires careful planning to ensure a natural looking smile that enhances your overall health and appearance. Dr. Becker will take the time to listen to your needs and goals. He will conduct a thorough examination to help us identify underlying problems that can cause functional and cosmetic dentistry concerns.
Dr. Becker will then recommend the appropriate treatments that will meet your needs and goals after your personalized consultation and exam. He will create a treatment plan that is tailored to your unique smile, oral health concerns and budget for a result that meets your expectations and also supports your long term dental health.
Our dental exam typically includes:
- Digital dental x-rays
- Other diagnostic dental imaging
- Screening for gum disease, tooth decay and oral cancer
- Occlusal analysis and examination of temporomandibular joints (TMJ)
Affordable Cosmetic Dentistry
With all the advancements in cosmetic dentistry, getting the smile you always wanted is easier and more affordable than ever. Dr. Becker will help you decide which cosmetic dentistry treatments are right for you. He will take the time to thoroughly explain each procedure and what to expect with each one.
This will help you make sure you are well informed about all details including follow-up care, dental care options, dental financing, insurance and scheduling.
Schedule a Dental Exam & Consultation
Looking for a Columbia, MD area cosmetic dentistry office? Schedule an appointment with Dr. Ray Becker to learn how he can help you get the beautiful smile you deserve. More than just a cosmetic dentist, Dr. Becker focuses on health concerns and functional problems, ensuring comfortable, long lasting results.